Highly regarded as one of the most creative minds in South African Radio/media landscape KG is far from her humble beginnings in KwaThema, Springs in Ekurhuleni. A radio guru and a music expert and critic, who has helped launch a number of music careers. An excellent music DJ, on air personality and MC. Broadcasting has defined the course of KG’s career. She started out as a news producer and presenter for Radio Bop, coupled with news presenter for Bop TV, plus on-air person for Radio Bop. She was then recruited to be part of the 1st team of presenters for the 1st batch of privately owned radio stations that were issued by Icasa (P4 Radio). She helped grow the stations popularity and helped it gain prominence. She was then recruited to be an on air person for Kaya FM. While there, she earned another milestone as the 1st female broadcaster for a morning show on a commercial radio station. She also to presented and produced a world music show for the BBC World service. 2 years into a breakfast show which people still talk about today, KG made a decision to expand her knowledge of the business of radio by applying for and getting the position of programmes manager for P4 DBN. That was another milestone as she was the 1st black female programmes manager for a commercial station. She left the station after growing it’s audiences by 355 000 listeners. In again wanting to expand her horizons her path took her to TV where she was appointed Project Manager: Programming for SABC3 and not long after that she was called back to radio on weekend bases to help grow the numbers on the Metro FM Sunday jazz show, a show that offered her the opportunity to share with the Country the beauty that is South African Music. She accepted another challenge to join newly revamped Radio 2000’s on air team as a mid-morning show host, which she anchored successfully and helped the station get closer to the once illusive 1million listenership. In her ability to diversify her capability in the media KG is now the host of Radio 2000’s current affairs talk show, a show that is fast entranching itself in the talk show segment of our airwaves.
- 1996-1998:Bop Broadcasting Services (News presenter and producer Radio Bop, News presenter Bop TV, On Air person Radio Bop)
- 1998:P4 KZN (On Air person)
- 1999-2003:Kaya FM (On Air, Breakfast show host)
- 2002-2005:Compiler, presenter, Don’t touch that dial, BBC World Service
- 2004:Short stint SAFM (On Air Person)
- 2004-2005:P4 KZN (Programmes Manager)
- Dec 2005-Dec 2007:SABC 3(Project Manager: Programming and Acting Programmes Manager SABC3,)
- Host and Producer, Metro FM
- Mid-morning host and co-producer for Radio 2000 & now current affairs show host.
- KG was also one of the SAMA awards judges from 2000 to 2007